Bamboo Shoot Salad
This bamboo shoot salad recipe is a simple and healthy salad dish. It consists of shredded bamboo shoot, sweet potatoes, onion and French dressing. Finding a fresh bamboo shoots seems to be a challenge sometimes because even in supermarkets you will find smelly bamboo shoot. What more in a wet market. The reason why it is smelly is because how they handle them and putting the bamboo shoots in dirty containers. So the best option is to buy canned bamboo shoots. But if you found fresh and clean shoots, and not smelly, then go for it.
- 3 cup shredded bamboo shoots
- 1½ cup sweet potatoes (boiled and cubed)
- 1 big onion (chopped)
- French dressing
- Salt and MSG to taste
- Boil the bamboo shoot and sweet potatoes separately when cooked, squeeze the bamboo shoots with your hand to remove water.
- Cut sweet potatoes into cubes and mix the bamboo shoot; add salt.
- Top with French dressing and season with MSG.
- Decorate with onion rings and sliced tomatoes. Serve cold. Good for 6 persons.