Pineapples are nutritious fruits and will only grow on tropical countries. There are lots of things you can do with pineapples. You can eat it fresh, canned or cooked with your favorite dishes. Candied pineapples can be a nice treat and sweets that can be stored for long time without spoiling it. You can keep it in jars or in a refrigerator and eat it whatever time you want.
1 cup granulated sugar
Pineapple juice, drained (reserve 1/3 cup)
20 oz. can pineapple slices
2 tbsp. light corn syrup
How to make candied pineapple:
- In casserole, combine sugar, reserved juice and corn syrup.
- Arrange five pineapple slices in single layer over sugar mixture.
- Microwave on HIGH 8 to 12 minutes or until sugar dissolves and slices are glossy and transparent on edges, turning over and rearranging every 4 minutes.
- Remove slices to wire rack and cool to become more transparent.
- Add remaining slices to hot syrup and repeat procedure.
- When slices have cooled completely, coat with sugar.
- Cover with wax paper and let stand on wire rack to dry.
- Re-coat with sugar. Slices will be slightly sticky.