Peanut Butter-Raisin Cookies
This is a tasty recipe of peanut butter-raisin cookies. It is mixed with chunky peanut butter, raisins and semi sweet chocolate. So you can imagine the combination of taste of peanut butter, raisins and chocolate in a cookie. The instructions here is for making cookie bars that you will spread the mixture on a baking pan and cut it into bars. But you can also use pastry bag if you want to make round cookies.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup raisins, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate
- ¼ cup margarine
- In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugars. peanut butter. margarine and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended. Sift together dry ingredients: sprinkle 2 tablespoons over raisins.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, blending well.
- Stir in floured raisins and chocolate. Spread in greased pan 9- by 13 inches.
- Bake at 350 °F for from 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Cut into 5- by 6 centimeter bars.
- Cool before removing from pan. Yield: 2 dozen bars.