Kahlua Pecan Pie
If you want variation to the ordinary pecan pie, you can try this pecan pie recipe with kahlua coffee liquor. If pecan is not available, I think walnut can be a very good substitute. But both walnut and pecan is not native in the tropics so pili nuts is I think a good substitute too.
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Kahlua coffee liquor
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup whole or chopped pecans
- 9 inch unbaked pie crust, chilled
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Pecan halves for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Cream butter with sugar, vanilla and flour. Mix well.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in Kahlua, corn syrup, evaporated milk and pecans.
- Mix well and pour into pie crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 °F and continue baking until firm (about 40 minutes).
- Remove from oven to cool. Chill.
- When ready to serve, garnish with cream and pecan halves. Serves 8 - 10.