High Protein White Bread
This bread recipe is same as white bread but added with soy flour and wheat germ to make the bread high protein. Baking your own bread is more economical than buying from bakeshop and it is also better to bake your own so you can be sure that your bread is high quality. In buying cheaper bread don’t expect that you can get the quality you want because those bakeshops have to earn a profit so they will use low quality ingredient to be competitive.
- 1 package (2¼ tsp) dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- ½ cup soy flour
- 2 cups hot water
- 6 tablespoons non-fat dry milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 cups white flour (or mixed whole wheat and white)
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water. Mix next four ingredients together and add to yeast mixture.
- Add soy flour, dry milk and wheat germ to 3 cups of flour and mix well.
- Mix dry mixture vigorously into first mixture and gradually add remaining flour to make a stiff dough.
- Turn dough onto floured board and knead 10 minutes.
- Place in oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk (1½ to 2 hours).
- Punch down and let rise again about one hour. Divide into two parts. form into loaves.
- Place in oiled loaf pans, and let rise until double (about 1 hour).
- Bake at 375 °F for from 50 to 60 minutes. Yield: 2 loaves.