Sweet Potato (Kamote) Fritters
A simple and appetizing fried sweet potato fritters in corn oil. You can substitute the cooking but be sure to choose a healthy option like canola or sunflower seed oil if you are health conscious. You can also use coconut oil or palm oil which will have satisfactory results.
- 1 kilo kamote (sweet potatoes), peeled
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups corn oil
- Cut peeled sweet potato into thin strips.
- Mix brown sugar and flour with water and stir thoroughly.
- Coat sweet potato or kamote with sugar and flour mixture.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of flattened kamote mixture.
- Deep fry in corn oil until golden brown.