A delicious all veggie and appetizing lasagna with lots of vegetables and without any kind or meat. This is lasagna perfect for those who wants to abstain from meat or for vegetarians who wants to eat lasagna without the guilt. Since this veggie lasagna contains cheese and butter, it is not for vegans which abstain from dairy products.
To Cook Vegetable Lasagna
- Recipe for tomato sauce see recipe below
- Recipe for vegetables see recipe below
- Recipe for white sauce see recipe below
- 400 grams lasagna cook accoding to paccake directions
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup quick-melt cheese
For tomato sauce
- 1 bulb onion chopped
- 1 pc carrot chopped
- 1 pc celery stalks chopped
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil 1 clove garlic
- 1/ 4 tbsp basil dried
- 1/ 4 tsp thyme dried
- 1/ 4 tsp oregano dried
- 2 cans tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp sugar to taste salt to taste pepper
For white sauce
- 1/ 4 cups butter
- 1/ 2 cups flour
- 4 cups fresh milk
- 1/ 4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/ 2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 pound eggplant
- 1 pound zucchini
- 2 packs button mushrooms
- 6 in spinach leaves
- 1 bulb onion
- to taste salt and pepper
- Put onion, carrot, celery in a food processor until minced
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil saute garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped vegetables and herbs.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened ant lightly colored
- Add the tomatoes ant tomato paste, then add sugar, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and bring to a simmer.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add the flour and cook for 2 minute.
- Gradually add the milk, mixing continuously with a wire whisk.
- Let mixture boll and thicken a little. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper,
To cook the vegetables:
- Heat olive oil or butter in a saucepan. Add about half of the zucchini slices.
- Season with salt and pepper Cook for about 5 minutes until they are lightly colored on both sides.
- Repeat with the remaining zucchini. Do the same for the eggplant.
- For the button mushrooms and spinach. In a medium saute pan, heat butter.
- Saute the onion until translucent for about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and spinach leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste, Add the sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook for about 45 minutes, uncovered and stir occasionally Season with salt and pepper
To assemble the lasagna:
- Spread half of the tomato sauce in a baking dish. Add 3/4 to 1 cup of the white sauce.
- Then add half of the vegetable mixture spreading it evenly. Add the four sheet of, lasagna noodles.
- Repeat these layers, then top with the remaining tomato sauce and white sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and quickmelt cheese.
- Bake at 375 °F for 45 minutes until the pasta feels tender when pierced with a skewer.
- Allow it to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply