1 cup gluten burger
1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
1 large rounded eggplant, peeled
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mushrooms
1-1/2 cups hot water
1 egg, beaten
How to cook Stuffed Eggplant:
- Mix first 4 ingredients together. Cut a slice off each end of eggplant.
- Cut out a core about 2 inches in diameter from eggplant.
- Fill cavity with mixed ingredients.
- Replace ends and fasten with toothpicks.
- Place eggplant in a saucepan with water and salt.
- Simmer for about 35 minutes.
- Remove eggplant, place in buttered casserole and keep warm.
- Stir in beaten egg slowly to liquid left in saucepan and simmer until thickened.
- Slice eggplant in half inch slices and pour hot sauce (liquid from saucepan) over it.
- May be served immediately or heated a few minutes in own. Yield: 4 servings.