20 pcs quail eggs, hard boiled and peeled
1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely sliced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup rice grains(uncooked)
3 cloves minced garlic
7 cups water
1 medium onion, finely sliced
2 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
5 stalks scallion(spring onion) finely sliced
salt and pepper to taste
How to cook Quail Eggs Arroz Caldo:
- In a large non-stick soup pot over medium heat, sautÃ© garlic in oil until lightly brown.
- Add ginger and onion, stir for a minute. Then add fish sauce.
- Add rice, water and a little salt and pepper. Simmer in medium low heat, stirring occasionally for
about 40 minutes or until the consistency of a light creamed soup has been reached.
- Add the quail eggs and correct seasonings to taste. Stir in a small amount of sliced scallion.
- If rice soup becomes too thick, add a little water to thin it a bit.
- Garnish individual bowl servings with sliced scallions just before serving.
- If you prefer, sprinkle a little lemon juice on the soup servings.
- This will give a pleasant tartness to the dish.
- Yield: 6 – 8 servings.