How to cook poached eggs:
- Fill a shallow pan with water deep enough to cover eggs.
- For each pint of water add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Break an egg into a saucer, then slip it gently into the water.
- Repeat until all the eggs are in.
- Cover the pan and keep over low heat so that the water does not boil.
- Let stand until white is coagulated and a film covers the yolk.
- Take up with a greased skimmer or perforated ladle and slip onto a thin piece of buttered toast.
- An egg poacher may also be used.
- Eggs may be poached in milk or cream.
- Serve on toast, pouring hot milk or cream over the egg.
Leave a Reply