Looking for a unique lumpia recipe? why not try buko lumpia. This recipe is perfect for Pinoy vegetarian because it contains no meat. It uses mock chicken breast for the filling. You can also use vegemeat if chicken breast is not available. The usual lumpia use ubod or other vegetables like bean sprouts but this recipe is using young coconut meat instead.
To make buko lumpia; Heat oil and saute garlic, onions and flaked chicken. Add grated buko and celery. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Place 2 tablespoonful of mixture in lumpia wrapper and fold tightly. Deep fry until golden brown. Serve hot with vinegar and crushed garlic. To see the complete recipe with lists of ingredients in exact measurements, continue reading.
How to Cook Vegetarian Buko Lumpia
- 3 pcs buko young coconut, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup mock chicken breast flaked
- 1 pc onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil for sauteing
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white sugar
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper ground
- 1 Tbsp celery chopped
- 12 pcs lumpia eggroll wrapper
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
How to make buko lumpia:
- Heat oil and saute garlic, onions and flaked chicken.
- Add grated buko and celery.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place 2 tablespoonful of mixture in lumpia wrapper and fold tightly.
- Deep fry until golden brown. Serve hot with vinegar and crushed garlic.
- Serves 6
Leave a Reply