A mouth-watering low-calorie traditional lumpia recipe with a slight twist. This is a special lumpiang sariwa and it absolutely contain no meat and its all veggies. This lumpia recipe also have procedure on making lumpia sauce and home made eggroll lumpia wrapper.
How to Make Lumpia de Barrio
- 2 squares kesong puti chopped
- 1 head garlic crushed
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup tofu soybean curd, cubed, baked to brown
- 1 cup broth divided
- 1 /4 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup carrots julienned
- 1 /2 cup turnips julienned
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas
- 10 pcs pechay leaves shredded
- 1 cup whole kernel corn drained
- 1/2 tsp. basil leaves chopped
- 6 pcs egg roll wrappers
- 6 pcs fresh lettuce leaves
Lumpia Sauce ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. any sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1-1/2 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. garlic crushed
- 2 Tbsp. ground toasted peanut
Egg roll wrapper ingredients:
- 1 pc chicken egg
- 1/3 cup all purpose-flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. fine salt
- 1 cup water
How to make Lumpia de Barrio
- In a wok, heat oil and saute garlic in canola oil in medium heat.
- Add onions and browned tofu. Pour in half of the broth, celery and salt.
- Simmer for a while. Add carrots and turnips until tender.
- Stir in green peas, pechay and corn.
- Pour in the remaining broth and basil.
- Allow to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove vegetable mixture from heat, drain and cool.
- Lay eggroll wrapper on a plate.
- Place a lettuce leaf and 1/3 cup vegetable filling.
- Tuck one end and roll tightly.
- To keep egg rolls soft and fresh, wrap in wax paper.
- Serve with lumpia sauce.
How to make Lumpia Sauce:
- Mix sugar, soy sauce and water and bring to boil.
- Add the cornstarch solution and stir continuously until thickened the peanut and crushed garlic.
How to make egg roll wrapper:
- In a bowl, beat the egg and stir in the flour, cornstarch and salt. Pour water and mix well.
- Heat medium-sized non-stick pan and grease with a little oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter and tilt pan to spread mixture evenly.
- When done, transfer carefully to a plate.
- Do the same with the rest of the mixture. Serves 8.