Gluten from 8 cups bread flour
5 cups water
2 large onions, chopped fine
3 cups diced potatoes
4 tablespoons oil salt to taste
4-oz. can mushrooms
4 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup milk
1 cup finely diced celery
How to cook Gluten Potpie:
- Braise onions in oil. Add salt and water.
- To this boiling broth add gluten cut in cubes.
- Cover and boil slowly for 45 minutes.
- Add potatoes. celery and mushrooms; boil slowly for 25 minutes.
- Add flour stirred into the milk. Boil.
- Turn into a casserole and cover with a medium-thick crust.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes in moderately hot oven.
- Approximate yield: 8 to 10 servings.