I got this one from Alyssia, a member of Filipino Recipe Exchange in Yahoo Groups.
1 cup Brown Rice… Cooked
1 tsp Fresh Thai (Asian) Basil Leaves, chopped course
1/4 cup Mango Nectar
1 onion Thin sliced and quartered
Garlic.. sliver, then thin cross slice
3/4 cup Peas, unpodded (1/2 cup if frozen, thawed peas are used)
1 tsp Ginger, slivered long-wise, then thinly cross sliced
1/2 tbsp. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (for color and salt) or soy sauce
Unrefined Coconut Oil or Virgin Olive Oil
How to cook Fruity Vegetarian Sinangag:
- In a wok or a skillet using about a tablespoon or so of Coconut Oil.
- Saute garlic till brown, add the onions and ginger. Sautee till onions soften (clear a bit)
- Add the Mango nectar, basil leaves and peas.
- Saute for about 4 min or till the peas begin to soften, but not over cook (if frozen peas are used only heat for about one minute). Add the rice.
- Saute for about 3 to 4 min more, till everything is well mixed and hot.
- Add the Liquid aminos after the skillet or wok is removed from the heat. Mix in thoroughly and serve hot.