1/3 kilo gluten
1 carrot cut in pieces
2 red sweet pepper, quartered
1/2 cup kalamansi juice
4 ripe bananas (saba)
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 bay leaf
2 onions, quartered
salt to taste
How to cook estofado:
- Fry the gluten until golden brown. Cut bananas into 1/2- by 2-inch pieces.
- Fry until brown and set aside. To the gluten, add onions, bay leaf and salt.
- When the oil sizzles, add kalamansi juice and enough water to cover.
- Let boil 5 minutes and then reduce heat. Add carrots and quartered peppers.
- Continue cooking until vegetables are done and the sauce is of desired consistency.
- Serve hot. Yield: 4 servings.
Leave a Reply