This is a recipe for fried kangkong leaves with egg batter mixture. Kangkong is very abundant here in our country and there are many dishes that can be cooked with it.
How to Cook Crispy KangKong
- 4 bunches bunches kangkong leaves cleaned
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups cornstarch
- 5 cups cooking oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 piece boiled egg grated medium
- salt and monosodium glutamate MSG to taste
How to cook Crispy KangKong:
- Wash kangkong and drain leaves thoroughly. Remove leaves from stem. Set aside.
- In a clean mixing bowl combine cornstarch, flour, egg, MSG, salt and water ( batter mixture ).
- Mix until smooth in consistency. Heat oil to 250°F and reduce fire to medium.
- Dip kangkong leaves one by one in batter and deep fry until crispy.
- Put fried leaves in a plate lined with table tissue to drain oil from kangkong leaves.
- Serve with sauce on the side.