Banana bud with coconut milk or ginataang puso ng saging is a healthy Filipino dish that is well known among the many Filipino dishes. Banana bud or some call it banana blossoms have to prepared before cooking and the process is tedious because you have to remove the sap from the bud. After slicing or chopping, you have to soak it in water with salt for several minutes to release the sap. Then squeeze to remove the liquid and the sap.
How to Cook Banana Bud with Coconut Milk
- 1 big banana bud sliced and waked
- 1 1/3 cup tokwa cubes fried
- 1 tablespoon garlic sliced in salted water
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk thin
- 1/2 cup onions sliced
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk thick
- Juice from 6 medium kalamansi
- Salt to taste
How to cook Banana Bud With Coconut Milk:
- Rinse the sliced bud and place in a saucepan.
- Add kalamansi juice, garlic, tokwa cubes and thin coconut milk.
- Season with salt and boil until the banana blossoms are tender.
- Add thick coconut milk and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Serve hot or cold. Yield: 6 servings.