How to cook baked eggs:
- Use individual baking dishes and melt 1 teaspoon butter in each.
- Break the eggs into the dishes, allowing 1 or 2 eggs to a dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and place a tiny piece of butter on each.
- Bake in slow to moderate oven (250 °F to 350 °F) until the eggs are set, but not hard.
- Serve in the baking dishes.
- Use small ramekins or egg shirrers.
- Grease each dish, put in a layer of buttered crumbs, break egg over the crumbs.
- Season with salt and cover with buttered crumbs.
- Bake in a slow oven until the eggs are set and the crumbs brown.
- Moisten the edges of the toast with hot water and spread with butter.
- Separate the yolks and whites of the eggs.
- Poach the yolks in salted water until soft cooked.
- Place a yolk on each slice of toast, being careful not to break it.
- Beat whites stiff, spread around the yolks, season with salt and brown in the oven at 350 °F.
Leave a Reply