1 medium head cauliflower
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup onions, minced
2 tablespoons flour
4 cups vegetable stock or plain water
2 cups evaporated milk (diluted)
Salt to taste
Dash of nutmeg
How to cook Cauliflower Soup
- Divide cauliflower into two. Chop the first half very finely and break the other half into small flowers. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and cook the onions until transparent but not brown.
- Carefully stir in the flour and cook until bubbly. Stir constantly.
- Add chopped cauliflower and milk. Season with salt , pepper and dash of nutmeg.
- Simmer until it thickens slightly, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
- Add the remaining cauliflower. Cook over low heat until cauliflower is tender.
- Heat thoroughly and serve immediately with croutons. Yield: 6 servings.
Leave a Reply