A great way to impress your friends with this healthy watermelon fruit boat recipe. Although the procedure is a little bit tedious because you have to scoop out the watermelon flesh from the skin to create a boat, the rest is just putting everything inside the watermelon boat.
How to Make Watermelon Fruit Boat
- 1 ripe oval watermelon
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1 No.2 can fruit cocktail (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 3 oranges peeled and sectioned
- 3 - 1/2 cups pineapple chunks drained
- 1 medium-sized ripe cantaloupe
- 1 quart strawberries fresh or frozen
How to make Watermelon Fruit Boat
- Cut watermelon lengthwise, using about three-fourths of melon for boat.
- Cut the edges carefully in large angles about 1 inch deep to form a zig-zag pattern.
- Scoop out as many balls as possible from seedless pulp.
- Scoop out remaining pulp; turn melon upside down to drain.
- Chill melon in refrigerator. Scoop out balls from other melons.
- Drain fruit cocktail: prepare strawberries. Mix fruit in large bowl very gently.
- Remove melon boat from refrigerator; wipe out remaining moisture.
- Pile fruit lightly into melon boat and chill until time to serve.
- Yield: 15 servings.
Leave a Reply