This salad is a tropical salad made from boiled unripe jackfruit and tossed with tomatoes and onion and coconut milk as dressing. Langka is delicious cooked as preserves for halo-halo or eaten au naturel soaked in a bed of ice. The unripe langka’s whitish pulp is usually cooked as a vegetable stewed in coconut milk with shrimps and pork. The large langka seeds are boiled till tender, peeled and eaten with sugar.
How to Make Langka Salad
- 1 unripe langka about 5 cups, peeled and cut
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups thick coconut milk
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to make lanka salad
- Boil langka in water and salt. When tender remove from fire and drain.
- Put langka in a serving bowl, combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
Leave a Reply