This recipe is a variation of the ordinary maruyang saba (fried banana patties). This special maruya is mixed with batter made from flour, eggs, baking powder and sugar then fried into patties and poured with rum butter sauce.
How to Cook Maruyang Saging with Rum Butter Sauce
- 1 cup banana saba variety, mashed
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup saba sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- cooking oil for frying
- salt to taste
For Rum Butter Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Anchor butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose cream
- 2 Tbsp rum
How to cook Maruyang Saging with Rum Butter Sauce
- In a mixer, lightly beat eggs and sugar until thickened.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, and fold into egg and sugar mixture.
- Follow with mashed and thinly sliced saba. Stir to turn mixture into a smooth batter.
- Heat oil in skillet. Fry patties of maruya until golden brown and crisp.
- Make sauce by melting butter in saucepan.
- Combine cream and brown sugar and add into melted butter.
- Stir until thick and smooth. Let cool and add rum.
- Pour sauce over warm maruya and serve.