Maruya or banana fritters is a popular snack usually sold by sidewalk vendors together with other kinds of fried bananas or sweet potatoes. If you are craving for this kind of snack and you can’t find anyone selling this, then you can make it at home with just a few and simple ingredients. Saba banana is the main ingredient in this recipe but an alternative is plantain bananas in case the saba variety is not available in your place.
To make maruyang saba; Sift dry ingredients then set aside. Combine eggs, milk, fat and oil. Mix well. Add mixture to dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Dip saba in batter. Deep fry. Drain in absorbent paper then coat in sugar. To see the complete recipe with lists of ingredients in exact measurements, continue reading.
How to Make Maruyang Saba
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp melted fat or vegetable lard
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 pcs bananas saba, peel and slice lengthwise
- oil for deep frying
How to make maruyang saba:
- Sift dry ingredients then set aside. Combine eggs, milk, melted fat and oil.
- Mix well. Add mixture to dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Dip saba in batter. Deep fry.
- Drain in absorbent paper then coat in sugar.