I have another recipe which I know you will love. It is somewhat a diversified version of bilo bilo. We are used to the ginataang bilo bilo which I think is very popular and delicious. This time it is baked. The malagkit or glutinous rice is stuffed with monggo mixture, poured with coconut sauce then baked. This recipe consists of bilo-bilo stuffed with monggo mixture, poured with coconut sauce and then baked.
1/2 cup monggo (mung beans), boiled and mashed
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cup ground pure malagkit rice soaked in water
refined white sugar
3 cup coconut milk
3 /4 – 1 cup white sugar divided
1-1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 cup coconut cream
How to cook Baked Bilo-Bilo in Coconut Sauce
- Combine monggo and sugar. Cook with constant stirring until thick. Set aside.
- Place ground malagkit in a cheese cloth and squeeze out water.
- Transfer to bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar. Form 1 tablespoon of the mixture into balls.
- Fill the center with sweetened monggo. Do the same with the rest of the mixture.
- Grease a square pan and line with banana leaves. Arrange the balls on the pan. Set aside.
- Combine coconut milk and 1/2 cup sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook over moderate heat for 10 minutes while continuously stirring.
- Pour into balls in the pan. Cover with banana leaves. Bake at 350 deg F for 1- 1/2 hours or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, dissolve cornstarch in 1 cup coconut creamed the remaining sugar.
- Cook over low heat for 3 minutes. Pour over the malagkit balls to thicken the sauce.
- Bake for 5-10 more minutes.