A simple procedure on how to make papaya jam. Papaya fruit is a very healthy fruit that can aid in digestion and constipation. It is also delicious and good to eat specially fresh and ripe. But it cannot be stored for a long time even in a refrigerator so the best way to preserve it is by turning it into papaya jam. It has many uses and can be made as a spread, pastry filling or ingredients for desserts or cakes.
add 2 parts water to every part of the papaya
How to make papaya jam
- Select mature, half-ripe papayas. Wash thoroughly and slice thinly without peeling.
- To every part of the papaya, add 2 parts water. Boil for 30 minutes.
- Strain. To every cup of the extract, add one-half cup of sugar and 2 teaspoonfuls of kalamansi juice.
- Heat to dissolve sugar. Strain. Cook under strong fire of 110 °C.
- Pour into sterile bottles; remove the scum and seal immediately.
Leave a Reply