A simple procedure to make a mango jam. Be sure you select the right variety of mango and ripe. The color of the jam will depend on the kind of mango you used. Some mangoes, specially the carabao mango has yellow colored flesh while the other variety, the pico has yellow-orange in color.
Add 1/2 cup sugar to every cup of pulp
How to make mango jam
- Scrape the pulp from ripe mangoes and mash.
- Use stainless utensils to prevent discoloring. Measure.
- To every cup of pulp, add 1/2 cup sugar.
- In case of sour mangoes, increase sugar to 2/3 cup.
- Stir while cooking until it thickens.
- Pour while hot in sterilized jars and seal tightly.