Jackfruit or langka preserve is a delicious fruit preserve that can be used as dessert. It can also be used as filling on cakes and pastries or eaten as is. Making the preserve is not that complicated and uses only sugar, water and of course the jackfruit.
A mixture of 1 part water and 1 part sugar
(for every 1 cup water use 1 cup sugar)
How to make preserved jackfruit:
- Cut both ends of the fleshy bulbs and remove seeds.
- Wash and pack loosely in 12-ounces preserving jars.
- Pour boiling syrup made up of one part sugar to one part water.
- Remove air bubbles. Refill air spaces with syrup. Half-seal.
- Sterilize jars in boiling water for 30 minutes. Seal completely.