Honeydew melon are a very fragrant fruit. Best eaten fresh, peeled and sliced into wedges. It can also be made into a refreshing cold beverage by removing the seeda and pulp from the flesh and squeezing it with a sieve to extract the juice. Then turning the flesh into strips, combining it with water and ice and sugar. But you can also preserve them like the recipe I got here so you can enjoy it anytime even if it out of season.
2 parts water and 1 part sugar
How to make honeydew melon preserve:
- Cut fruit into half. Scoop cut into tiny balls.
- Prepare medium syrup made up of one part sugar to 2 parts water.
- Add kalamansi juice (1/2 teaspoon per 4 cups syrup). Add 1/8 teaspoon flavoring, if desired.
- Fill bottles with the diced fruits. Fill with hot syrup allowing l/4 inch head space.
- Exhaust filled jars at 180 °F or 82°C for 5 minutes before sealing.
- Count time when the temperature of the food is already at 82 °C. Seal immediately.
- Process for 20 minutes in boiling water bath. Wait till the water boils before timing. Cool and store.