Sticky Rice with Mangoes
A delicious creamy and fruity dessert made from glutinous rice rice, nestle cream, condense milk and ripe mangoes. Actually this is a traditional Thai dessert and the traditional ingredients are glutinous rice, ripe mangoes and coconut cream and not dairy milk or cream. But the this recipe is using a combination of all- purpose cream and condensed milk which is good for those you don’t like using coconut milk or cream.
How to Make Sticky Rice with Mangoes
- 1/2 kilo glutinous rice malagkit rice na bilog
- water to cook rice
Milk Sauce ingredients:
- 1 can 170gm Nestle Cream
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. condensed milk
- 4 ripe mangoes sliced
- toasted sesame seeds
- muscovado sugar
- toasted desiccated coconut
How to make Sticky Rice With Mangoes
- Wash rice until water runs clear. Measure rice and transfer to rice cooker.
- Pour in equal amount of water. Cook until done, about 15 minutes.
- Form rice into small mounds using a rice former or a damp teacup.
- Arrange in large serving platter. Garnish with mangoes on the side.
- Combine cream and condensed milk. Mix well. Top rice with sauce.
- Garnish with a generous sprinkling of muscovado sugar, toasted sesame seeds and toasted coconut.