This yema balls recipe is not your ordinary yema balls because it contains squash, pinipig and nuts. Preparing it is quite easy just a little patience when cooking the squash because you have to boil or steam it first, then mash it. And also the pinipig, you need to toast it first by heating an empty pan and using a spatula stir to prevent burning. For the rest of the ingredients, you only need to add them together.
How to Make Squash Yema Balls
- 1 cup squash boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup pinipig toasted
- 3 Tbsp. langka jackfruit chopped
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp. cashew nuts or peanuts finely chopped
- 6 pcs egg yolks
- white sugar
How to make Squash Yema Balls:
- Mix pinipig and langka in condensed milk. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine butter, squash, egg yolks and cashew nuts.
- Add to the pinipig mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a heavy saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- When thick enough to hold its shape, remove from heat.
- Cool mixture. Form 1/2 tablespoon mixture into balls and roll in sugar.
- Wrap each in cellophane. Yields 30