Creme brulee also known as burnt cream, its because the surface of the cream is layered with burned sugar using a blow torch. It is a dessert consisting of rich custard made from fresh milk, topped with a contrasting layers of hard caramel. This creme brulee is also flavored with fresh mangoes that will make it a more flavorful tropical dessert.
Mango Creme Brulee
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 9 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 pcs ripe mangoes cubed
- brown sugar for topping
- mango balls or other fruits for garnish
How to make Mango Creme Brulee
- Scald milk, cream and vanilla. Whisk egg yolks and sugar. Mix in with the cream mixture.
- Divide mango cubes into 9 cups or 1 big ovenproof dish. Pour creme brulee mixture over mango cubes.
- Bake directly on a tray in a 300 °F oven for 45 to 60 minutes. Let cool and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle top with brown sugar. Scorch using a torch to caramelize sugar on top.
- Garnish with mango balls then serve.