This is a tasty cookie recipe that you will surely love. Made from butter, flour, ground almonds, almond extract, blanched almonds and of course, sugar. This is a very easy an quick baking cookie recipe that you and your family will surely enjoy.
How To Make Chinese Almond Cookies
- 1/2 cup 112 grams butter
- 4 tablespoons 25 grams white sugar
- 2 tablespoons 12 grams light brown sugar
- 1/2 beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup 140 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 30 whole almonds blanched
- Cream butter with sugar and egg until light and fluffy. Add egg and almond extract and beat until smooth. Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Add ground almonds. Stir well by hand.
- Shape mixture into small balls and place well apart on lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly and press an almond on top of each cookie. Bake in preheated 350 °F oven for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden in color.