Buttery Peanut Brittle made out of roasted pounded peanuts,butter and sugar. Very simple to make and very simple ingredients. Just be careful not to burn the sugar while heating to melt. Otherwise it will taste bitter. You can also add a little water to the sugar while melting it to avoid burning.
How to Make Buttery Peanut Brittle
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup roasted peanuts pounded
- 2 tbsp melted butter
How to make Buttery Peanut Brittle
- Place heavy iron skillet (Note: This is the only utensil that should be used for this recipe.) over medium heat.
- Put sugar and stir constantly until sugar melts and becomes syrupy. Don't let it turn dark brown.
- Sugar will form some hard pieces before melting and possibly some lumps will not melt.
- This is OK. Before sugar becomes too dark, add pounded peanuts and butter.
- Stir thoroughly until nuts are coated. Then spread mixture on flat cookie surface or cookie sheet.
- Flatten as thin as possible. Cool. Break into serving pieces.
Leave a Reply