An easy to make refrigerator confetti cake with the great taste of buko pandan and garnished with macapuno. All you need is a chiffon cake which you can buy already baked or you can bake it yourself. Then mix together the all-purpose cream, confectioner’s sugar and buko pandan flavoring to make the icing. Spread the frosting on the cake and there you have it, a buko pandan confetti cake.
How to Make Buko Pandan Confetti Cake
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 pack 250ml Nestle all-purpose cream chilled
- 2 drops buko pandan flavoring
- few drops green food coloring
- 1 loaf or round sponge cake chiffon cake or mamon
- Sweetened macapuno for filling and decorating
- Chocolate shavings or candy sprinkles optional
How to make Buko Pandan Confetti Cake
- To make frosting, combine all purpose cream with confectioner's sugar, buko pandan flavoring and food coloring using a mixer. Beat until light and fluffy and almost double in volume. Set aside and refrigerate.
- Halve the cake horizontally, spread around 2 tablespoons of macapuno on top of the bottom slice then top with the other slice.
- Spread chilled frosting on the top and sides of the prepared cake. Decorate with chocolate shavings and candy sprinkles if desired.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.