These sesame wafers are actually cookies that has lots of toasted sesame seeds. This recipe is so simple and you only need a very few and basic ingredients. These cookies can also be kept for weeks and stored in a jar.
Sesame Seed Wafers
- 6 Tbsp. butter 85grams
- 3/4 cup brown sugar 150grams
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted sesame seeds cooled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
How to make Sesame Seed Wafers:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease 4 cookie sheets with vegetable shortening.
- In medium bowl of electric mixer with paddle attached, beat butter with sugar on medium speed until well blended and fluffy.
- Gradually add egg and vanilla, and continue beating until mixture increases in volume.
- In another bowl, combine sesame seeds, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add to creamed mixture in four parts, beating after each addition on low speed just until blended.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until cookies have spread and are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 seconds. With spatula, carefully transfer to wire rack to cool.
- If cookies become too hard, return to warm oven for about a minute to soften slightly.
- Store in an airtight container. Makes about 75 small cookies.