A delicious and healthy muffins made from rolled oats, flour, eggs, shortening,baking powder and salt. I you have a sweet tooth, then this muffin will probably be not your favorite because it does not contain any sweetener like sugar or honey. But most of the time when we are having a snack we drink sweet beverages so this will compliment to your drinks.
How to Make Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 egg well beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil or melted shortening
How to make Oatmeal Muffins
- Combine rolled oats and milk; let stand 15 minutes. Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a bowl.
- Combine egg, oil and oatmeal mixture. Add all at once to sifted dry ingredients, stirring just to moisten.
- Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full. Bake at 425 °F for from 20 to 25 minutes.
- Yield: 12 muffins.