A simple instruction on how to make a flaky pie crust. This recipe is used on many pie recipes here and please bookmark this page because you will need this later.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 egg, well beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon kalamansi juice
1-1/4 cups shortening
4 tablespoons water
How to make Flaky Pie Crust:
- Sift dry ingredients. Add shortening and cut until coarse crumbs are formed.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg well and add the kalamansi juice and water.
- Drizzle over the flour mixture and mix lightly. Form into a ball.
- Divide into 4 portions and roll out each portion on a lightly floured surface.
- Fit into desired pie pans. Yield: 4 (9-inch) pie shells.