This recipe is banana bread recipe ala quick bread style. In this recipe, you can use many varieties of bananas such as bungolan, latundan or kamay princesa. I think plantain bananas can be used too.
How to Make Banana Bread (Quick Bread Style)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely mashed banana bungolan, latundan or kamay princesa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup milk
How to make Banana Bread (Quick Bread Style):
- Stir together flour, baking powder. sugar and salt.
- Combine eggs, milk, oil, anise and mashed cassava.
- Pour all at once over flour mixture and stir only until flour is moistened.
- Pour into greased 4 1/2 by 8 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 °F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan; cool completely before slicing.
- Yield: 1 loaf.
Note: Stir only until flour is moistened. Over stirring batter results in poor product variations. If saba is used, use 2/3 cup of mashed banana.