2 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup nuts
3 tablespoons milk mixed with juice of half a kalamansi
4 ripe bananas mashed (bungolan or lakatan)
How to make Banana Bread
- Cream sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs. Beat mixture well. Add milk and kalamansi mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together and add nuts.
- Fold two together. Stir in mashed bananas.
- Bake in well-greased loaf pan at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until done.
- Cool before slicing.
FOOD FOR THOUGHTS: ( Going Bananas)
Did you know that bananas are most digestible when brown spots appear? Yes, it’s true. So next time you see one, don’t pass that up.