1 cup mashed banana (lakatan or latundan)
2 cups flour, sifted
2 eggs, unbeaten
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sour milk (1/4 cup evaporated milk plus 1/4 cup water plus 2 teaspoons kalamansi juice)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups sugar
How to make Banana Bread
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Add milk and flour mixture alternately with mashed bananas.
- Beat long enough to blend all ingredients. Add nuts. Mix.
- Pour in a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F for from 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Leave a Reply