This cheesy fritata is an Italian egg based dish with lots of filling like vegan bacon, vegemeat, cheeses, which you will truly enjoy. If you are tired of the omelet eaten most of the time, then I think this fritata flippers is what you are looking for.
How to Make Fritata Flippers
- 10 raw eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- or 1/2 cup cooked ham diced or cut into small pieces (replace with vegan bacon for vegetarian)
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese cubed
- 1 cup cooked pasta
- 1/2 cup cooked vegemeat for non vegetarian, use pork or beef
- 1 green or red sweetpepper diced
- 1/4 cup Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup coarsely grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 to 10 pcs green or black olives optional
How to make Fritata Flippers:
- For the filling, mix eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Heat oil in an oven proof skillet.
- Place the egg mixture into skillet and cook over medium - low heat.
- Run spatula around edge when eggs are set.
- Lift to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. Mix filling ingredients and place on top.
- Cook until set but moist.
- Broil fritata in an oven 4 inches from the heat source for about 2 to 3 minutes until top is set. Serve.