This is a recipe of a dessert made from green pinipig, taro root, saba bananas, sweet potatoes, langka and coconut milk. This dish is somewhat very similar to ginataang halo-halo which basically the ingredients are almost the same except the pinipig. You might wonder how is it that the pinipig is colored green because usually it is white because the rice is white. The reason is the green pinipig is pounded unripe rice.
- 2 cups coconut cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh green pinipig (pounded rice)
- ½ cup gabi (taro root) cubes
- 2 pieces medium sized kamote (sweet potatoes), cut into cubes and boiled till tender
- 3 pieces saba, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup langka strips
- Combine coconut cream and sugar in a pot.
- Let boil, then add the fresh pinipig, the gabi, kamote, saba and langka strips.
- Let boil until the green pinipig is cooked.