Cassava Bibingka (Cassava Cake)
Cassava bibingka is one of the most popular Filipino kakanin recipes. It is very simple to prepare and to cook and require very few indigenous ingredients. This bibingka is made from grated cassava, coconut milk, eggs, margarine and sugar. This is the basic ingredients in cooking cassava bibingka or cassava cake. Other variations includes grated cheese, macapuno strings or shredded coconut meat. It’s up to you what toppings or additional garnishing you want or your cassava cake. And with regards to
- 3 cups grated cassava
- 1½ cup coconut milk
- 1½ Tbsp. melted butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup sugar
- ¾ tbsp fine salt
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- Beat eggs. Add sugar, salt and butter and mix well.
- Add coconut milk (2nd extraction), and grated cassava and mix well.
- Place in a greased pan lined with wax paper. Bake in moderate oven (350â€“375°F) for about 45 minutes.
- When almost done (light brown color), brush surface with coconut cream (1st extraction).
- Continue baking until golden brown about 15 minutes. Good for 4 persons.