This vegetarian burger recipe is made from gluten burger. There are lots of variations of veggie burgers these days but this recipe goes back to the basics of using gluten as a meat substitute. There also people who can’t tolerate gluten so I suggest finding a better substitute like soy bean based veggie meat.
1 kilo gluten-burger, chopped
10-12 burger buns
3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded cheese
3 medium potatoes, cooked and mashed
1 small onion, minced
1 beaten egg
10-12 pineapple slices, drained well
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
How to make Veggie Burger
- Mix the gluten-burger well with mashed potatoes, beaten egg, onion, cheese and salt.
- Shape into patties (about 10 to 12), dust with flour, dip in beaten egg and coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry to golden brown on both rides: drain.
- Heat pineapple slices on pan after cooking patties.
- Spread mayonnaise on buns and top with burgers and pineapple.
- Garnish with tomatoes or olives and serve immediately.
- Yield: 10 to 12 servings.