Stuffed squash blossoms or rellenong bulaklak ng kalabasa is actually flowers stuffed with kesong puti or feta cheese, fried chopped tofu, celery and spices then dipped in batter and fried. This is a great healthy appetizer specially for those who don’t like eating vegetables.
How to Cook Stuffed Squash Blossoms
- 2 squares kesong puti chopped ( chopped white cheese or Feta )
- 2 squares tokwa or tofu fried and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. spring onions chopped
- 2 Tbsp. wansuy or coriander leaves or celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 /4 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 2 dozens kalabasa squash blossoms
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 /3 cup cornstarch diluted in
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 pcs whole eggs beaten lightly
- 1 cup cooking oil for frying
How to cook Stuffed Squash blossoms:
- In a bowl, combine the kesong puti, tokwa, garlic, green onions, wansuy, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Open up squash flower petals and spoon enough mixture into each flower. Set aside.
- Mix flour, cornstarch, eggs and water. Beat thoroughly until smooth and creamy.
- Dip each stuffed flower in the flour mixture until completely coated.
- In a saucepan heat oil and deep fry each flower until golden brown.
- Serve hot with sweet chili sauce.