How to cook Stuffed Cucumber:
- Cut a lengthwise strip rather thinly from each of four large cucumbers and scoop cut most of the pulp.
- Prepare the following stuffing: Chop a small onion and cook it in two tablespoons of oil; let it brown a little; add 1/2 cup shredded cheese and a mashed, hard-boiled egg.
- Chop the pulp taken from the cucumbers and add to the first mixture.
- Moisten with one-half cup of tomato juice and bind the whole with one egg.
- Fill the hollowed-out cucumbers with this stuffing.
- Sprinkle the tops with finely ground bread crumbs.
- Place them on a baking pan and bake for 45 minutes.