6 hard cooked eggs
1 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoons butter
Milk or cream
How to cook Scalloped Eggs:
- Oil a baking dish and place in it a layer of crumbs, then a layer of slices of hard cooked eggs.
- Dot with bits of butter, sprinkle with salt, and add another layer of crumbs.
- Repeat in this order until the dish is full, having a layer of buttered crumbs on top.
- Pour cream or milk over the whole until it comes about halfway to the top of the dish.
- Brown in moderate to hot oven (350 °F to 400 °F). Approximate yield: 6 servings.
FOOD FOR THOUGHTS: ( Frozen Eggs?)
Yes, raw whole eggs, whites and yolks and hard-cooked yolks can be frozen. However, eggs in their shells cannot be frozen.