A great vegetable recipe using eggplant instead of meat for cooking asado. Asado is usually done in pork, beef or chicken but this is a creative way to cook it.
How to Cook Eggplant Asado
- 3 to 4 eggplants
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. MSG
- 1 tsp. calamansi juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large onion sliced into thick rings
How to cook eggplant asado:
- Fry onion rings until half cooked. Set aside.
- Peel eggplant. Cut crosswise into 1/2" thick slices. Fry till light brown.
- After frying set aside oil, put back fried eggplant in pan and add soy sauce, calamansi juice, water and season with MSG.
- Cover and cook until done. Serve with onion rings on top.