Tired of cooking the usual tortang talong? why not try this lasagna inspired layers of eggplant and cheese for a change. Not only this dish is tasty, it is also healthy because it does not contain meat and this is very suitable for vegetarians.
How to Cook Cheesy Eggplant Lasagna
- 4 medium 1/2 kilo eggplant
- 1 pouch 250g Sweet-Style Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
How to cook Cheesy Eggplant Lasagna
- Cut eggplant lengthwise into 4 slices. Mix with egg and coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp. sugar, 1/8 tsp. pepper and 2/3 tsp. iodized salt (or 2/3 Tbsp. rock salt) to Spaghetti Sauce.
- Arrange half of eggplant slices on an 8â€ x 8â€ baking dish.
- Pour half of sauce over eggplant and top with half of bell peppers and cheese.
- Repeat layering procedure using remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 350 °F for 25 minutes (conventional or turbo broiler).
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Makes 8 Servings. (Eggplant replaces meat and noodles)
I love this dish! We did this in elementary with my home economics teacher and now 20 years later I want to cook the exact same thing for my family. I specifically Googled this dish and am so glad you have it here 🙂
Thanks for dropping by. Glad you found this recipe.