2 tablespoons fat
2 tablespoons cream
1 chopped sweet pepper
How to cook Buttered Eggs With Green Peppers:
- Beat the eggs slightly, add the cream and salt. Heat the fat in top of double boiler and add the eggs.
- Remove the seeds from green peppers and soften by placing in hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Dice and add to eggs which have begun to coagulate.
- Cook slowly, stirring constantly until the mass is creamy. Serve with toast points.
- One-fourth cup of chopped, canned pimiento may be substituted for the pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
COOKING AND HEALTH TIPS:
Buying Peppers When buying fresh peppers, choose those that are a little wrinkled but still unblemished. Wrinkling indicates mellowness.
Chopped Onions & Green Peppers Buy frozen chopped onion or green peppers for a quick recipe shortcut, or since they freeze so well, chop a whole bunch at once and freeze them in single servings.